Guide to selecting the perfect headboard for your bedroom
When it comes to decorating the bedroom, the bed often is considered the focal point, with the entire room’s décor designed around this one piece of furniture. There are many different styles of beds from which to choose, and the main variable tends to be in the equally large variety of headboards available.
Here are some things to consider when picking the perfect headboard:
You’ll want to take your bedroom’s current interior design or décor into account when choosing a headboard so that it blends in with the look and feel you are trying to achieve.
- Wood: If you like to redecorate your bedroom frequently, a wooden headboard is a great option. Wood tends to match most types of décor and is considered timeless and classic. Opt for colorful, decorative wood to add brightness to the room, or you can stick with the wood’s natural color for a cleaner, more neutral feel. Additionally, depending on the type of wood, how the wood is carved can give it a look that ranges from contemporary to rustic and traditional.
- Metal: Metal headboards are a popular choice, mainly due to the number of styles available and their relative affordability. Metal headboards match many different types of decor, including country, modern, urban, minimalist, and vintage. Going for an antique look? Embellished scrollwork is a great option. Looking to add some flare? Try a brass headboard. If you’re looking to go in a more modern direction, then silver, nickel or black are great choices.
- Upholstered: With a seemingly endless variety of styles, designs, colors and materials, upholstered headboards add warmth and comfort to any bedroom. Using this type of headboard is also a great way to add texture to your décor, as well. Upholstered headboards can be customized to bring out your personal style and taste.
What function will your headboard serve? Backrest? Design element? Storage? Bookcase headboards are a great choice for people in need of storage space for books. These models are also great for showcasing accessories like framed pictures, clocks and other bedroom décor.
Attached or wall-mounted
There are two ways to incorporate a headboard into a bedroom. The board can be attached directly to a bed, or it can be mounted on the wall. There are advantages to both.
- Attached: This type of headboard is often the preferred type for many people, as it tends to be very secure and holds pillows and bed sheets in place.
- Wall-mounted: This type of headboard offers an easy way to add personal style to the room, with upholstered headboards being the most common. This is a great choice for those who like to change the look of the headboard more frequently.
It’s important to consider the height of the ceiling when choosing a headboard. If your ceiling is low, then you need a headboard that is not so tall. But if your ceiling is high, you can consume the height of the wall for your headboard.
Morris Home has a wide variety of headboards from which to choose, including customizable models that can be special-ordered. Just see any salesperson at any one of the several Morris Home locations in Cincinnati, Dayton and Columbus.
You can find more selection, more styles and more savings on the latest interior designs at Morris Home stores in Ohio and Northern Kentucky. Start shopping now at http://www.morrisathome.com/
Enter for a chance to win free furniture from Morris Home at www.WinFreeFurnitureNow.com